Learn how plugin makes the publishing experience more collaborative, meaningful and results-oriented
- 1.Open the desired page/post in Editor;
- 2.Select the text, for which, you want to add a comment;
- 3.See the Block Toolbar and click on the “Comment” option that is either visible directly or after clicking the 3 vertical-dots i.e. More option;
- 4.Use the new comment pop-up for adding your comment – Enter text in the comment box;
- 5.Click on the Comment button to add your comment through Multicollab Plugin;
- 6.Update (Publish/Draft) your page/post to accumulate changes for the future and for the other user roles.
- 1.Click on the comment to be edited, in order to bring to focus on it;
- 2.See the 2 options on the top (right-side) of this comment box – click on the Edit button;
- 3.Change the existing text with the new version and save it (for your session only) using the Save/Comment/Reply button.
- 4.To save the changes (edited comment/reply), you must save/publish the page or post for your WordPress website.
Deleting a comment works the same in Multicollab Plugin for WordPress websites, as resolving the comment works for Google Docs. Here, deletion resolves the comment and clears the replies added below that comment.
- 1.Click on the comment to be deleted;
- 2.See the Delete option in the top-right corner of the comment box. Click on it;
- 3.Save/publish/draft your page or post to confirm the deletion of this comment.
- 1.Click on the comment to be resolved, in order to see all options related to it;
- 2.Notice the Mark as Resolved checkbox in the top-left corner of this comment box. Tick this checkbox;
- 3.Once you have ticked the checkbox to resolve the comment and have taken other comment-related actions for this post/post, save/update/publish this page/post. Then only the document will reflect these changes for all permitted users.
- 1.Select the text for commenting in the page/post editor;
- 2.Click on the Comment option in the Block Toolbar;
- 3.To mention a user, write ‘@’ followed by the user-name of the person to be mentioned. The user name can also be selected from the list of users that loads while you type the characters after ‘@’.
- 4.In the same fashion, you may add one or more users to a comment as mentioned.
- 5.Add the comment text in the same comment box (optionally) to explain the concern to the mentioned users.
- 6.Save/update/publish your post to save the comment with mentions. The users in mention will only be able to view the comment with their username(s) mentioned, once you have saved the page/post for your WordPress website.
- 1.To assign a comment to the user, you need to select the text, click on the Comment option in the Block Toolbox. If you want to assign an existing comment to a user, click on the comment itself & choose Reply.
- 2.Now, in the opened comment or reply box, start typing ‘@’ followed by the username.
- 3.Select the name of the desired user as per your input.
- 4.Tick the checkbox Assign to and hit the comment/reply button.
- 5.After assigning an assignee in a comment/reply, save changes to your WordPress Post/Page. It will let the assignee see the update and accumulate this change for further usage.
- 1.See the existing comments. Click on the desired comment, for which you want to add a reply.
- 2.Add text in the available text box below the selected comment and click on the Reply button.
- 3.After adding a reply for the comment, update or publish your page/post.
- 1.Look for the comment, for which, you had added the reply to be edited;
- 2.Just above the reply-box, there must be the options to Edit and Delete the reply. Click on the Edit button;
- 3.Change the inputs in the opened reply-box with previous text for the selected reply;
- 4.Click on the Reply button.
- 5.Update/publish the page/post after editing the reply to save the changes and reflect them throughout the WordPress website backend.
- 1.Click on the comment, for which, your desired reply (to be deleted) was added;
- 2.Just above that reply, in the top-right corner, see the option to Delete the given reply;
- 3.Delete the reply;
- 4.Update/publish the WordPress page/post to save the deletion-related changes.
If the admin or super-admin deletes a user, Multicollab Plugin presents 2 options in front of the admin user. These options are:
- Delete all content associated with the user being deleted;
- Attribute all content to another user.
So, in both the cases, admin users have the right to change the owner of content while a user is getting deleted. Read further details related to both the options below:
- 1.Delete all content If the admin chooses to delete all the content related to the user being deleted, all comments and replies by the user for the pages and posts in your website will be owned by the admin thereafter. For the comments/replies mentioning the deleted user in the content and for the comments where the deleted user is assignee (i.e. assigned for that comment), the username of the deleted user will be replaced by the username of admin. So, from now onwards, admin will be the owner and handler of these comments too. Example: Let’s say, a user A had added comments on a page titled ABC and he was assigned a few comments in other pages. Now, if the admin deletes the user A, all the added comments and assigned comments will now be attributed to admin.
- 2.Attribute all content to another user If an admin wants to delete a user and assign another user with all the comments, replies and mentions related to this user, this option must be chosen.Attribute all content to another user will also change the assignee of comments/replies to this selected user, instead of the previous (deleted) user. Example: If a user named ‘A’ has added comments on ABC and has assigned a few comments and replies to others, attributing all content to another user named ‘B’ will imply that ‘A’ username will be replaced with the username ‘B’ everywhere. Therefore, user ‘B’ will be notified for all further actions taken related to this content.
Whether you copy just the text or the content with rich media, Multicollab comment or reply box will convert it into plain text. So, the pasted content will always be in the text-format while using our plugin for editorial commenting.
Once you have added a URL in a comment or reply, it will work as a regular URL. To make the URL available for future and for other users, you must update/publish your page/post (to which this URL is added). On clicking this URL, you or the authorized users will be redirected to it.
The process of redirection to the URL has a time-counter added to it. During the countdown, you can stop redirection by clicking anywhere on the screen.